Here are today’s five thing to know about baby back ribs:
- No one is really sure where the term barbecue originated. The conventional wisdom is that the Spanish, upon landing in the Caribbean, used the word barbacoa to refer to the natives’ method of slow-cooking meat over a wooden platform.
- Barbecue varies by region, with the four main styles named after their place of origin: Memphis, Tenn.; North Carolina; Kansas City; and Texas.
- In order to be called “baby back ribs” the rack needs to be smaller than a pound and a half.
- Pigs have 14 rib bones! They are divided into four popular cuts: spare ribs, St. Louis, rib tips and baby backs.
- No one knows who invented the barbecue.
Today’s Food History
- 1752 This day does not exist, nor did the next 10 days. See September 2 for the explanation.
- 1875 Ferdinand Porsche was born. He was an…
View original post 141 more words