Here are today’s five thing to know about Doughnuts :
- In the U.S. alone, more than 10 billion donuts are made every year.
- Between our 27 locations, LaMar’s Donuts produces 344,700 donuts per week, which is 17.9 million donuts per year.
- A Ray’s Original Glazed Donut has only 220 calories, while a bagel and cream cheese averages 450 calories.
- Per capita, Canada has more donuts shops than any other country.
- The Dutch are often credited with bringing donuts to the U.S. with their olykoeks, or oily cakes in the 1800s.
Today’s Food History
- 1752 Yesterday was September 2, 1752. No, really!
- 1849 Ivan Petrovich Pavlov was born. Pavlov’s work with dogs actually started as a study of digestion. He theorized that digestion was controlled in part by sensory inputs of sight, smell and taste – and as he discovered, sound; ‘conditioned reflex.’
- 1976‘Play That Funky Music’ by Wild Cherry…
View original post 50 more words