Today’s Fun Fact
Tip Extra today!
Remember, over 25% of the US workforce has at one time worked in food service!
Five Waiter Quotes
- A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
- A diplomat these days in nothing, but a head waiter who is allowed to sit down occasionally.
- Epitaph for a dead waiter – God finally caught his eye.
- I asked the waiter, ‘Is this milk fresh?’ He said, ‘Lady, three hours ago it was grass.’
- I never taste the wine first in restaurants, I just ask the waiter to pour.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1777 Johann Heinrich Lambert died. He proved that Apple pie was irrational. Oops – never mind – that was ‘pi’ that he proved was an irrational number.
1843 Melville Reuben Bissell was born. Bissell invented the carpet sweeper in 1876.
1879 The Cream Separator was patented.
View original post 80 more words