Today food trivia:
Key Limes are uniquely sour because they have less moisture in their peel. This makes the juice much more acidic
Here are today’s five thing to know about Key Lime Pie:
- The dish is named for the small Key limes that are naturalized throughout the Florida Keys. According to the FDA, to be called ‘chocolate’ a product must contain chocolate liquor, which is what gives it the biter intense chocolate flavor (and color) to dark and milk chocolates.
- Unlike regular lime juice, Key lime juice is a pale yellow color which combined with the egg yokes results in the yellow pie filling.
- Key lime pie was invented by botantist Jack Simons.
- On July 1st, 2006 both the Florida House of Representatives and the Florida Senate passed legislation selecting the “Key lime pie” as the official pie of the state of Florida.
- It is highly likely that the first…
View original post 222 more words