Here are today’s five thing to know about Apples:
- The apple is the pomaceous fruit of the apple tree, species Malus domestica in the rose family (Rosaceae).
- It is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits, and the most widely known of the many members of genus Malus that are used by humans.
- Apples grow on small, deciduous trees.
- The tree originated in Western Asia, where its wild ancestor, Malus sieversii, is still found today.
- Apples have been grown for thousands of years in Asia and Europe, and were brought to North America by European colonists.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1582 If you lived in Italy and many other Catholic countries, this day and the next 10 days did not exist due to the Gregorian Calendar Adjustment (it corrected an accumulated 11 day discrepancy). The day following Thursday, October 4, 1582 was Friday, October 15…
View original post 234 more words