- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/10/into-black-pre-order-campaign.html Second book in trilogy.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/look-out-for-purgatory-hotel-by-anne-marie-ormsby/ A whodunit in a haunted hotel.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/book-review-the-dark-net-by-benjamin-percy/ Delivers the goods.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/look-out-for-chase-by-shaun-hutson/ A tale full of horror, violence, and gore.
- http://www.thepassivevoice.com/2017/10/the-story-behind-the-most-haunting-book-cover-on-the-shelves/ Shortlisted in the National Book award.
- https://robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/book-review-my-grl-by-john-howell/ Want a thriller you can’t predicate the ending of?
Did you know?
Tic tac’s were introduced in 1969. The original flavors were only orange and mint.
Here are your five food facts about Tic Tacs:
1. Since 1980, the Tic Tac slogan has been “The 1½ Calorie Breath Mint”..
2. Tic Tacs were originally named “Refreshing Mints,” but the name was changed to reflect the sound of the mints shaking in their container.
3. They currently are sold in over 100 countries in dozens of flavors.
4. “Orange Tic Tacs are Bleeker’s one and only vice.” – Juno, 2009
5. Each Tic Tac box contains about 36 Tic Tacs.
Today’s Food History
1892 Earle Dickson was born. He invented Band-Aids for his wife, who had frequent kitchen accidents, cutting or burning herself. He worked as a buyer for Johnson & Johnson, who soon began manufacturing Band-Aids.
1913 Adolphus Busch died. Founded Annheuser Busch in 1866 with his father-in-law, Eberhard…
View original post 88 more words
Write a story or poem using the two-word prompt. Be creative and have fun writing! I’m looking forward to reading how you use the two words together. Please link your resp…
Source: Daily Two-Word Prompt #141
Day 282 of 365 Days of Writing Prompts: Write one character from seven perspectives…today is his/her mother.
Shannon: He’s a good kid. I know he gets into trouble, but he just needs a little more direction. I don’t believe he’s found his passion yet, but once he does I know everyone will see what I see. Even when he was little he just wanted to make people laugh. I know that all this is. I know how sweet he can be.
Erin: There is no love like a mother’s love, but I feel so blessed that my motherly love goes to him. He deserves every bit of it. My boy has the kindest heart, that I wouldn’t believe if I didn’t see it on a daily basis. Even at his worst he was still better than so many at their best, which made up for any of his short comings.
View original post 5 more words
(December 1, 1976 – October 12, 1998)
Mathew Shepard died on October 12th, 1998 at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado – six days after a homophobic attack that took place on October 6th, 1998 – and left to die at Laramie, with heavy brain injuries in Wyoming, U.S.A. His injuries were so severe that the gentleman who discovered Sheppard mistook him for a Scarecrow at first glance.
No one should ever suffer at the hands of another human being in such a horrific way, despite anyone’s own personal beliefs. His tragic murder serves to remind us of the importance of tolerance, acceptance and equality for everyone.
The event shook America and the world.
Fred Phelps showing his hatred towards the LGBTcommunity at Mathew’s funeral.
Sadly, some Christian groups thought it was appropriate to protest at the funeral of Shepard. Why some groups think that this is…
View original post 177 more words