Source: Visitors, White Pelicans
As you might have noticed, I often write about my daily trip to work. I’m fortunate enough to be able to commute with a bicycle. This means being totally exposed to the elements. If it’s raining you really feel it.
This past week we have had a lot of rain, which made me think of a suitable subject for writing a haibun, namely water.
Water comes in many forms. It can be rain or fog, it fills the lakes and make the brooks babble. It can seen vast and endless when you watch the sea. It brings death in flooding and life after drought. Water can be sparkling from the supermarket or simply from the tap.
Water can be absent in a desert or cold and hostile in winter.
The topic for this haibun is really very simple:
Tell me something from real life…
View original post 126 more words
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/10/beautiful-books-2016-introduce-your.html Are you writing a book for Nano?
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/10/necrologies-and-debacles-avatar-last.html Some ways villains are dispatched.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/10/discussion-do-you-read-books-similar-to.html I usually steer clear of reading the same idea I’m writing at the moment. I don’t want others to think it influenced me. I will read those books AFTER I’m done with my book. I’ve missed some great books that I need to go back and discover.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/10/heather-kaczynski-author-of-dare-mighty.html On being kind to yourself and other writers.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/10/tracey-neithercott-author-of-gray-wolf.html Have you ever written a book inspired by a movie? My first book was inspired by Stand By Me. I wrote four books in the series and attempted to rewrite the first earlier this summer but it didn’t work out.
- http://novelrocket.com/2017/10/the-writers-water-cooler.html/ Using social media to connect with other writers and readers.
- https://stevelaube.com/writing-advice-wish-go-away/ Great writing trumps all.
- http://novelrocket.com/2017/10/4-reasons-to-update-your-headshot.html/ What do you think the pros and cons of not…
View original post 339 more words
Weekly Writing Challenge
Poetry and/or Flash Fiction
October 16th 2017 | #111
(5) Words: | RIGHT | ARROW | HEAR | CHILD | GOOD |
*A brilliant idea has been brought to my attention regarding the (5) word prompt. Please feel free to substitute any of the words with a synonym.🎈 🎭 ✨
Haiku (5 – 7 – 5)
Tanka (5 – 7 – 5 – 7 – 7)
Shadorma (3 – 5 – 3 – 3 – 7 – 5)
6 lines – no rhymes – multiple stanzas [your choice] – just follow meter
Villanelle (19 line poem[no word limit]–2 repeating rhymes & 2 refrains)… Excellent example is Dylan Thomas’s “Do not go gentle into that good night”
Nonet (9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1) progression downward of syllables
Cinquain (2 –…
View original post 116 more words